Hawaiian Chicken Burger with Grilled Pineapple



Skip to Recipe

The football fever is soaring high with everyone waiting and cheering with bated breath for their favorite team. I, too, have to deal with my football-obsessed husband this time of the year. Every evening, my husband parks himself in front of the TV, giving his full attention to the game. And at times, he is even unreceptive about getting off the couch for dinner.

I must admit that I have never been a sports person.Even my repeated attempts to appreciate the game could not uproot my deeply entrenched belief that the game is just too aggressive for my liking. Sometimes I think that only a magic wand can make me fall in love with it. While my husband enjoys his coveted time, I take that time to indulge in my favorite pastime of cooking.

What is more enjoyable for a football fan than devouring a juicy burger on the couch while watching the best team battle it out? A juicy chicken burger topped with grilled pineapple, tomato slices, and red onion- oh my God, I am drooling! Perfect for the summer cookouts, potlucks and BBQ parties!

These Hawaiian Chicken Burgers are moist, flavorful, and can be made using only a handful of ingredients. Grilling the pineapple slices brings out their natural sweetness and imparts a sweet, tangy flavor.

Switch up your regular beef burger with this Hawaiian burger that your whole family will gobble up in no time!

You can also check out my Crispy Fried Fish Burger

If you make this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out! Please let me know by leaving a comment below.



Ingredients:
  • 450 g ground chicken
  • 1 red onion finely diced
  • ¼ cup bread crumbs
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 rings fresh or canned pineapple
  • 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1-2 tablespoons olive oil

  • For serving
  • 4 toasted burger buns
  • sliced tomato, lettuce, red onion as desired

Instructions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, barbeque sauce and honey. Cook over medium heat until the sauce simmers. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly. Set it aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix ground chicken, onion, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and 3 tablespoons of the prepared sauce until well combined.
  3. Shape into 4 equal patties and place in a single layer on a large plate.
  4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
  5. Fry the patties in the skillet, cooking for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and then 3-4 minutes on the second side until they are cooked through and set them aside.
  6. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan. Grill the pineapple slices in the pan on both sides, just until they begin to soften slightly and caramelize.
  7. Place the burger patties on buns and top with lettuce, the grilled pineapple slices, red onions, tomatoes and the remaining sauce.

Comments

  1. Looks so appetizing... Juicy and delicious... A must try😃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Recipes

Chicken Pot Pie Hand Pies

Crispy Parmesan Potato Stacks

Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls

Hearty Vegetable and Lentil Stew

Hash Brown Egg Cups