Crispy Fried Fish Burger



Skip to Recipe

There was a time I used to love going to Mcdonald's (not that I don't love now). McDonald’s was my culinary Disneyland. It seemed to be the happiest place on earth. Every time I visited the place, I couldn't resist the temptation of ordering their burgers. As I waited for my food to arrive the excitement reduced me to infantile behavior. My eyes would flicker with delight at the sight of my burger slowly approaching, and with each bite I took, I was filled with euphoria.

Ever since I developed an inclination towards cooking, I enjoy making burgers at home. I had been dreaming about them for a while, and finally had to give in to my temptation. Bursting with flavor, this Crispy Fried Fish Burger is a twist to the classic burger. A battered cod fillet topped with mayo, shredded vegetables, and served on a toasted bun. What can be better than this?

Cod fillet that is crispy on the outside, tender and flaky on the inside, and finger-licking good! This recipe is bound to make everyone happy, even the ones who are not so fond of fish!

I used cod fillet for this recipe, but any other white fish fillet like haddock or Pollock would work great too!

Do you love Fish? You can also check out my Thai Fish Cakes

Take a break from the usual chicken burger and treat yourself to this insanely delicious fish burger.

If you make this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out! Please let me know by leaving a comment below.



Ingredients:
  • 4 fillets of white fish(cod)
  • 50 g plain all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs - lightly beaten
  • 150 g breadcrumbs
  • Pinch of salt and pepper
  • ½ tsp paprika
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • 4 burger buns
  • 100g mayonnaise
  • Shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 1 carrot , peeled and thinly cut

Instructions:
  1. In a plate add flour, salt ,pepper, and paprika powder. In another plate, take the breadcrumbs. In a bowl,whisk the eggs. Set aside.
  2. Dredge each fish fillet in flour, coating all around, shaking off excess
  3. Then, dip into the whisked egg.
  4. Finally, dredge the fish fillets in the bread crumbs, coating all around, pressing to adhere. You can place on a plate while you are getting your oil ready.
  5. Heat the oil in the frying pan, then fry the fish fillets on a medium heat for about 3 mins on each side, until golden and crisp.
  6. Place the bottom half of the burger bun onto a plate, spread the mayo,place the fish fillet, top with shredded carrots and lettuce and then place the other half of the bun.
  7. Serve with fries or wedges and enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Popular Recipes

Chicken Pot Pie Hand Pies

Crispy Parmesan Potato Stacks

Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls

Hearty Vegetable and Lentil Stew

Hash Brown Egg Cups