Croissant French Toast Casserole



Skip to Recipe

Every one of us has those days when we’re just not feeling it. The last few days were such for me. I was mentally and physically exhausted, and the last thing I wanted to do was crawl out of bed and tackle the day. I was standing near my window when I saw few kids enjoying themselves in the park. Looking at them reminded me of my childhood when life was much simpler and happier, and embracing the small things of life brought a sense of deep contentment.

As we grow older, we seem to be in an endless pursuit of happiness, and yet happiness keeps eluding us. Maybe because we keep seeking it in the wrong places and start ignoring the simple joys of life.

I decided to treat myself to one of my favorite breakfasts. And, I was surprised to see how the simple act of making a meal for myself brightened up my gloomy mood and brought a big smile to my face.


The Croissant French Toast Casserole combines buttery, flaky croissants with a rich custard, and sweet, juicy strawberries and blueberries. This recipe has all the flavors of the traditional French Toast, and is baked all in one pan! The result is pure decadence!

Are you looking for other Breakfast recipes? You can also check out my Banana Oats Pancakes , Easy Vegetable Frittata and Banana Nutella Crepes

The best thing about this dish is that it can be fully assembled the night before serving and baked in the morning. A perfect addition to your Sunday breakfast or brunch table!

Celebrate the end of the week or kick start the new week with this delightful breakfast that feeds the body and soul.



Ingredients:
  • 10 croissants day-old, cut into large chunks
  • 10 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Fresh berries, maple syrup, and/or powdered sugar for serving

Instructions:
  1. Grease a casserole with vegetable oil or butter.
  2. Cut up the croissants into large chunks and place them in the casserole.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon until well combined.
  4. Pour the liquid over the croissant pieces in the skillet and toss just a little bit if necessary, to make sure all the croissant pieces are moistened.
  5. Bake for 60-75 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, covering with aluminum foil after 25-30 minutes to prevent the top from browning too much.
  6. Remove it from the oven when cooked through (about 60-75 minutes)
  7. Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup or powdered sugar if desired.

Comments

  1. Nice recipe... ๐Ÿ‘Œwould definitely try it.. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Recipes

Chicken Pot Pie Hand Pies

Crispy Parmesan Potato Stacks

Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls

Hearty Vegetable and Lentil Stew

Hash Brown Egg Cups