Banana Oats Pancakes



I have tied the knot with someone whose eating habits are drastically different than mine. I want my food healthy, whereas my husband prefers to indulge and struggles with healthy alternatives. Every Sunday morning I wake up to the sound of my dear husband asking me to make him pancakes. Though I too love pancakes, I somehow end up feeling guilty after having them. The regular pancakes are high in carbohydrates and add to our daily calories without offering any nutritional value. I am a firm advocate of having oats when it comes to breakfast. So, I tried my hands at making healthy pancakes using rolled oats and bananas and the result was amazing!

The Banana Oats Pancakes are an easy, healthy, and delicious breakfast that you can feel good about giving your family. These pancakes are made with just 3 ingredients-rolled oats, ripe bananas, and milk. Though most of the pancake recipes use eggs, I have substituted eggs with bananas. They would not only act as a binder, but would also give the pancakes some natural sweetness. I have topped up my healthy pancakes with loads of sliced strawberries and a drizzle of honey. You can top it with any fresh fruit of your choice.

I am sure that even with all the healthy changes, you will end up with a sinfully tasting treatπŸ’—πŸ’—

The Amazing Health Benefits of Oats

  • Improves Cardiac Health-Having a bowl of oats every day can dramatically reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
  • Regulates Appetite and Aids in Weight Loss- If you're trying to lose weight and restrict your calories a bit, oatmeal is the perfect snack to help get you through those times of hunger. It will quell your hunger pangs and keep you satisfied until your next meal.
  • Boosts energy level-Oats are rich in carbohydrates, and this makes them an ideal option for breakfast. They keep us full for longer time and boost our energy level.
  • Lowers the risk of cancer- In conjugation with Vitamin C and the abundant antioxidants present, oats help to combat free radicals that cause cancer.






Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Rolled Oats
  • 2/3 Cup Milk of Choice
  • 1 Banana
  • Honey(or any sweetener of your choice)
  • Strawberries(you can also use blueberries/raspberries)

Instructions:
  1. In a blender, pour in the rolled oats, milk, bananas and honey and blend till smooth.
  2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and pour spoonfuls of the batter.
  3. Cook until the surface of the pancakes have some bubbles and the edges appear dry.Then, carefully flip them and cook until they turn brown on the underside.
  4. Serve with a drizzle of honey and fresh fruit of your choice.

Comments

  1. Hmmmmm...It's really easy to make. ☺️😍😍 I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Recipes

Chicken Pot Pie Hand Pies

Crispy Parmesan Potato Stacks

Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls

Hearty Vegetable and Lentil Stew

Hash Brown Egg Cups