Creamy Tomato & Spinach Pasta



Skip to Recipe


As far as I recall, I have always been a fussy eater. I always made a face whenever I spotted any green vegetable on my plate. It was a struggle for my parents to get me to eat healthy food. They resorted to different ways from pleading to bribing, only to be met with stubborn refusal. Finally, they gave up.

Years later, when I got married and moved to a new country, my attitude towards food changed. Having become a big advocate of healthy food now, I laugh at myself when I think how I had troubled my parents. When my efforts to lead my husband down a path filled with healthy stuff come off as nagging, he says, "You know, you are turning into a health freak Frankenstein." 😆


My husband is obsessed with pasta and I being the dutiful wife, love cooking food that my husband loves. The recipe that I am sharing today is one of his favorites. The Creamy Tomato & Spinach Pasta is probably one of the easiest recipes you will come across. It's creamy, rich and so gratifying! Whenever I prepare this, I try sneaking in some green spinach that makes it look healthier, and makes me enjoy it guilt-free. It becomes a win-win situation for both of us.


Cream cheese is the secret to this deliciously creamy sauce. If you are not so fond of cream cheese or do not have it available, you can add heavy cream as well. You can add chicken, shrimp to this pasta, or enjoy it meatless!

So the next time when you want to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your home, try making this Creamy Tomato & Spinach Pasta.




Ingredients:
  • 900 g penne pasta
  • 120 g fresh spinach
  • 40 g diced tomatoes
  • 60 g cream cheese
  • 1 onion,finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic,minced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper,to taste
  • Grated Parmesan
  • Fresh Basil(optional)

Instructions:
  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and continue to boil until the pasta is cooked(7-10 minutes).Strain and set aside.
  2. Next, we will prepare the creamy tomato sauce. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and minced garlic and saute over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent(3-5minutes).
  3. Add the crushed tomatoes,oregano,salt and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
  4. Add the fresh spinach to the skillet and gently stir it into the sauce until it has wilted(2-3 minutes).
  5. Turn the heat down to low. Add the cream cheese and stir until it has fully melted and the sauce is creamy.
  6. Add the pasta and stir until it is well coated in the creamy tomato sauce.Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
  7. Serve warm with grated parmesan and fresh basil(optional),and enjoy! .

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Popular Recipes

Chicken Pot Pie Hand Pies

Crispy Parmesan Potato Stacks

Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls

Hearty Vegetable and Lentil Stew

Hash Brown Egg Cups