Orange Butter Cake



Skip to Recipe

"What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?"


These are lines from the poem Leisure that I had read in my childhood. Though they didn't mean so much to me as a kid, I understand their relevance now.

Living in a world full of chaos and cacophony, we tend to ignore the simple blessings of life and sometimes even ourselves. The month of December, for me, is a time to escape from the hustle-bustle of everyday life, a time to dream, a time to pause and reflect. I generally take this as an opportunity to be with myself, turning inward for reflection and contemplation. Taking a break from the rhythm of rush, not only gives me peace of mind but also allows me to focus on myself and my goals.



With the holiday mood in full swing, I like to spend more time in the kitchen baking something that cheers me up. Since oranges are in bounty during these colder months, I decided to bake a cake to celebrate these beauties.



Soft, moist, and bursting with orange flavor in every bite, this Orange Cake is a perfect tea-time companion for winter afternoons.

P.S -The smell of this freshly baked cake is enough to make you hungry.



Ingredients:
  • 220 gram butter at room temperature
  • 200 gram sugar
  • 250 gram all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 4 large eggs
  • Zest of an orange
  • 5 tbsp orange juice

Instructions:
  1. Grease and line a 8” round baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Sieve the flour, baking powder, and salt and set it aside.
  3. In another bowl, place the butter and sugar and beat until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture after adding each egg until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add in the orange zest.
  4. Now, slowly add in the flour and then the orange juice. Stir everything until evenly combined.
  5. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes until the cake is golden and a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
  6. Allow it to cool down completely in the pan before cutting.
  7. Dust some powdered sugar on top and serve!

Comments

  1. The tangy flavor of orange always adds a lot of freshness... Nice dessert for this festive season 👌👌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Recipes

Chicken Pot Pie Hand Pies

Crispy Parmesan Potato Stacks

Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls

Hearty Vegetable and Lentil Stew

Hash Brown Egg Cups